Saturday, October 18, 2008

Diving Into the Deep End- My First Diary Post

I never knew home staging involved so much sex! For the third time this month I arrived to destage a home that had sold and found my once pristine bedding no longer quite so virginal. Was it the home seller? The Realtor? The Builder? The new Buyers taking a test drive? I was not sure but I made a mental note to myself to create a clause in my contract that any items that have been "used" must be purchased for the retail replacement cost plus my time.

The latest incident however did not surprise me much- just last year I arrived to stage a home "mid-meeting" between a realtor and her builder client and months ago was offered payment for my staging services in the form of a breast job by my plastic surgeon client. Apparently he was looking at more than the vignettes I had created in his living room.

The latest however was the last straw! As a professional home stager I take pride in helping my clients to market and sell their home for top dollar and am constantly amazed by the many different ways my clients take advantage of my kindness, passion and desire to please.

So why a blog about my life as a home staging professional? Because what goes on behind closed doors when a home is getting ready to sell with amaze, astonish and surprise you....Welcome to The Stager Diaries! SG

The Stager Diaries is Copyrighted 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg that is crazy! thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading more.